I'm a PhD student advised by Prof. Bharadwaj Amrutur at the Indian Institute Of Science. My current research is on natural scene text recognition. In a previous life, I worked on low-power circuits.
- Cooker Counter is an Android app that uses the microphone to keep track of pressure cooker whistles.
- Cookoo is a device that keeps track of pressure cooker whistles.
- Flat HN is a bookmarklet that hides nested comments on HackerNews.
- All-Digital Color NTSC is a technique to generate double sideband modulated color NTSC televesion signals using only a microcontroller and a shift register.
- S. Gubbi, A. Gupta and C. S. Seelamantula, "How much can a Gaussian smoother denoise?", Proceedings of the Tenth Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, 2016.
- S. Gubbi and B. Amrutur, "Adaptive Pulse Width Control and Sampling for Low Power Pulse Oximetry", IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, 2015.
- S. Gubbi and B. Amrutur, "All Digital Energy Sensing for Minimum Energy Tracking", IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, 2015.
- H. Rao, D. Saxena, S. Kumar, S. Gubbi, B. Amrutur, P. Mony, P. Thankchan, K. Shankar, S. Rao, and S. R. Bhat, "Low power remote neonatal temperature monitoring device", Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Biomedical Electronics and Systems, 2014.